St Leonards Church.
There is no record as to when this church was built, the oldest record of a chapel at this site is 1406. The present church is from 1846, with the porch completed with doors in 1872, the church was reroofed in 1980. The pre 1846 church was small and probably Norman in construction, it probably replaced an earlier Saxon chapel . St Leonard was the goddson of Clovis, King of the Franks, who became a monk in a forest in France. He specailised in ransoming prisoners, and become their patron saint. Prisoners hung their chains in churches dedicate to St Leonards. It is not certain as to the association of this St Leonards to that of the saint.